30 things about me

1. I have a Facebook fan page
Though I want the page to be abolished, I cannot deny the fact that this is something interesting about me. If I wasn't the one suffering from weird pictures posted on facebook, I would have enjoyed it myself. (But I do not want to thank Subin and numerous friends who helped her organize it. Due to that page I have people judging me even before meeting me and it was really creepy when unknown military officer joined the page)

2. I am an environmentalist who wants to be vegetarian but know that it is impossible for me to do so. (I just love meat too much) So I try hard to focus on things that I can do for the environment.

3. I swim. 
I started swimming at the age of 6. I still swim. My mother told me that I liked staying in water even before swimming. I was so used to swimming and everybody around me knew how to swim that I thought every kids grow up learning how to swim- it didn't take me long to realize that wasn't true.
(I like every sport that takes place in the water- surfing, scuba diving, water-skiing and so on.)
4. I live in Jeju
Probably the reason why I became an environmentalist and the reason why I like swimming. Jeju has provided special experiences to me that I am very thankful of.

5. I have a weird sister that I love



My sister is the weirdest person that I have ever met including everyone in KMLA. (that is a big statement considering the fact that people in KMLA don't really go in to the category of "normal") It is very interesting to see how she hides her oddity to all others and show it only to our family. My mom always say that it is so interesting to see her like that since none of her parents is like that. What I find most interesting? She has more facial expression than any other people that I know of.

6. I cannot live without tissues (due to severe allergies)

7. I wish I could be more artistic 
My mom wanted to me be an artist ever since I was born so I learned how to draw and how to play the cello. However, she soon gave up seeing that I have no talent in both of them. While I think that was the right choice, I still wish that I could be more artistic.

8. I raised 200 crickets (for my research paper with Allison)
Not a pleasant experience. You don't want to know what it feels like to hold a small Styrofom box stuffed with 200 crickets. (let just say that you can feel every movement of the crickets) Just to briefly explain what we did with crickets, we saw the change in the sound that crickets make in different lighting condition.

9. I have no desire for material goods
10. I get tired when I play Cello for more than 2 hours but I am a member of Minjok orchestra.
11.  I used to like Kpop fervently but since my favorite singers went to serve for the army my interest is fading. I am actually grateful for that since I realized Kpop cause immense harm to people - I realized this when I started crying in a concert because I was glad to see them alive and moving. 

12. I look very similar with my dad (even the shape of my toes, and my only half existent eyebrows)

13. I love Karaoke but I can’t sing

14. I have a bucket list of things that I want to do before graduation with Subin. (producing a rap music with an addictive hook, random dancing all over the school and the list is currently being made)

15. Glasses have always been part of my identity (currently I am wearing a decagon-shaped glasses)

16. My school wasn’t as bad as I thought (and I realized that only now when I am a senior) 

17. I have great plans for gap year. I want to be a successful tutor in my town where all international schools are located and parents are eager for their child’s education. My goal is to earn money for gap year traveling and maybe some part of my tuition. 

18.  I am genuinely amazed at how I can still be bright after all the unjust things I’ve seen (maybe it’s because I recently started to realize how there are things that desperately need change) 

19. My English name is Jewel. (tease me all you want but just know that I used to like my name) 
20. My friends often tell me that I am like a mom. (which maybe is a compliment?)
21. I always play successful prank on my friends because I am good at hiding my facial expressions 
22. I am allergic to animal fur but love animals (even learned how to horse-back ride taking pills)
23. I never refuse any request that involves eating
24.  I cannot use the same earphone for more than a month (I keep losing them)
25. I am confident that I can talk with a stranger for more than an hour
26. I want to be completely free 
27. I have interesting friends
28. I am not clean  but I am a fast cleaner (have dramatic cleaning skills is what Minsuh, my roommate, said)
29. I love Korean dramas (it is one of my guilty pleasures that I cannot seem to stop )
30. I love to eat sweets but never had cavities 



댓글

가장 많이 본 글